Is vitamin D a vitamin or a hormone? Can you have a genetic mutation that prevents you from absorbing vitamin D from the sun? Does sunscreen prevent vitamin D absorption? Not sure if you need to take vitamin D supplements? Is it possible to take too much vitamin D? Can vitamin D make you feel sick? In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause answers the questions she gets in her office about vitamin D and how it works in the body.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How vitamin D functions as a hormone
• Why you might not absorb all the D you take
• Why you shouldn’t rely on sun exposure for vitamin D
• How to test for vitamin D levels
Resources from the Show:
• Vitamin D Test at home – ZRT Labs or Vitamin D Council $58
• Schematic for “best form of Vitamin D supplementation” based on gut, liver or kidney issues
• The Vitamin D3 supplements I recommend in my office – Seroyal D-Mulsion, Pure Encapsulations Liquid D3, Nordic Naturals D3 (not mentioned in podcast but another great option for liquid capsules)
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to learn more tips about vitamins? Click Below Now!