What supplements should you be taking? How do you know if you are taking the right supplements? Are you taking too many supplements? Is your cabinet filled with so many supplements you’ve forgotten why you were taking them? You’re not alone, many have a stash of supplements that have been forgotten about or traded out for the next best thing. Maintaining your health shouldn’t be complicated, learn how to simplify your supplement regimen. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down how to know what supplements you need and those you don’t.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How to determine what supplements you really need
• Why you need to test your nutrient levels
• How to get the most out of the supplement’s your taking
• Why the minimalistic approach to supplements is best
Resources from the Show:
• Doc J Krause’s – Health Supplements Simplified
• Step 1 – See if supplements you’re taking are working for you – take them out one by one and see if anything in your daily health changes. If not stop them.
• Step 2 – How Many Supplements are You taking? Over 5 is too much unless you’re on a specific protocol that has a target end date.
• Step 3 – Check for Interactions with Medications you Take
• Step 4 – Note the Reasons You are Taking Each of Your Supplements – if you don’t know then ditch them. If they are expired ditch them. Once you know why you are taking certain supplements it makes it easier to test if they are working or not.
• Step 5 – Plan for how long you will be on a certain supplement – test and re-test using labs or stop them for 2 months and check to see if your symptoms (the reason you’re taking the supplements went away). If the symptoms are gone then you’re done with that supplement. If they are still there then you need more investigation into that symptom. Contact a naturopathic doctor or functional medicine practitioner.
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to learn more about simplifying your health care routine? Click Below Now!