Curious about what REALLY works to optimize your health, get your weight in check & have all day energy? In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause shed’s light on what she’s found in her last 13+ years of practice are key things to master for optimal health to see your energy increase, mood improve, and pain decrease.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why focusing on dialing in your sleep is key for optimal health
- Why staying hydrated is key for energy and weight loss
- How the way you breathe affects your nervous system
- The 7 things you need to master right now to optimize your health
Resources from the Show:
1) Sleep – at least 8 hours a night – monitor it to ensure it’s restful – Oura Ring is the best for this
2) Hydration – at least ½ your body weight in ounces a day & more if you are exercising and drinking coffee
3) Circulation – move every hour for at least 5 minutes, do joint mobility work (see DocJKrause Youtube for examples), contrast hydrotherapy – apply to areas of pain – 3 min hot and 30 seconds cold – 3 rounds and end on cold
4) Breathing to Reset your nervous system – you have to keep giving your body the “all clear signal” – get it out of fight or flight and into chill mode – conditioning training to help your body adjust to good stressors like exercise plus improve your heart rate variability (HRV)
5) Protect Your Microbiome – skin, oral and gut all matter – eat closest to nature, avoid fried chips and snacks, slow down and experience food, don’t stuff yourself
6) Optimize Cell Signaling – test your sex hormones – DUTCH test or blood test, test cortisol – ZRT Labs saliva, test your thyroid (TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, thyroid antibodies) and insulin resistance – blood
7) Get Your Mind Right – work on your self awareness, self love, living aligned with your values (what you stand for), know your triggers aka what sets you off emotionally, make sure you get your needs met
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Send us feedback via Email
- Leave a comment below
Want to take your health to the next level?
Click HERE to schedule a FREE health and fitness assessment with me right now!