Are you struggling with gut issues, battling anxiety and can’t lose weight? Chances are your body lost it’s ability to keep inflammation in check. The vagus nerve is in charge of sensing what’s happening in your organs, sending the information to your brain and keeping the inflammation response in check. Chronic overeating, leaky gut issues, not taking deep breaths and imbalanced gut bugs cause your vagus nerve to lose it’s control of your body’s inflammation. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down the inflammatory reflex, how the vagus nerve loses control of the reflex and what you can do to get it back up and running.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why acupuncture, meditation and yoga calm inflammation
• How your anti-inflammation reflex works
• How chronic gut issues, stress and trauma destroy your anti-inflammation reflex
• Why your adaptogenic herbs aren’t calming your stress response
Resources from the Show:
• Want to learn more about the vagus nerve? Check out episode – Ep 73
• Set Point Medical – Vagus Nerve Stimulating Device
• The Vagus Nerve in the Neuro-Immune Axis: Implications in the Pathology of the Gastrointestinal Tract
• Reflex Principles of Immunological Homeostasis
• The vagal innervation of the gut and immune homeostasis
• Role of the vagus nerve in the development and treatment of diet‐induced obesity
• Peripheral oxytocin activates vagal afferent neurons to suppress feeding in normal and leptin-resistant mice: a route for ameliorating hyperphagia and obesity.
• Nasal oxytocin administration reduces food intake without affecting locomotor activity and glycemia with c-Fos induction in limited brain areas.
• Plenity – supplement that expands in the stomach to send full messages to the brain.
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to learn more about how to optimize your health? Click Below Now!