Studies have shown that stress, anxiety and depression can be reduced dramatically with regular meditation. However, not many are able to meditate at all let alone on a regular basis. Did you know there’s a device that can teach you how to meditate a few minutes at a time? The muse is a brain sensing device that serves as your personal meditation assistant. In addition to guiding your meditation it helps to retrain your brain to react calmly under emotional stress. The Muse works by teaching you how to focus on slowing down your breath to calm your mind so you can fight stress more effectively. Many studies have shown that we can get ourselves out of the chronic fight or flight state that leaves us perpetually stressed out by taking deep breaths but does it actually work? The Muse shows you exactly what you need to do to calm your brain your way. In this episode Doc J breaks down how the muse motivated her to meditate with challenges and rewards and improved her response to stress.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How 5 minutes a day can train your brain to relax
• Why instant feedback is best for retraining the brain
• How challenges and rewards motivate you to meditate
• Why the Muse is for folks that suck at meditating
Resources From This Episode:
• The Muse Brain Sensing Device
• Doc J’s Muse Video Instagram
Enjoying Dr. Jannine’s suggestions on how to fight stress? Click HERE for more resources!
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Struggling to calm your emotional and physical response to stress? Your response to stress is related to how well you age. Want to learn how to keep your stress response in check as you get older? Click Below Now!