If you have low energy, cold hands and or feet, constipation, acne, dry skin, thinning hair, low heart rate & body aches you might have an underactive thyroid. It’s possible that your doctor tested only 2 tests for your thyroid function and told you that your thyroid is completely normal. These 2 tests, TSH and free T4 are just a quarter of the picture of evaluating your thyroid function completely. If you are convinced that there’s something wrong with your thyroid and your labs keep coming back normal, don’t miss this episode as Doc J breaks down all the tests you need run to fully evaluate your thyroid function.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• The labs you need to get your thyroid evaluated properly
• How to evaluate your lab results
• The connection between your gut health and the thyroid
• How the interaction between the adrenal glands, sex hormones and thyroid could be part of your problem
• Why testing vitamin D, B12, red blood cell magnesium, copper and selenium are also crucial for evaluating thyroid function
• Why detoxing the liver and gut is critical for thyroid health
Resources From This Episode:
• The Thyroid Pharmacist – Isabella Wentz
• Adrenal Reset – Dr. Alan Christianson
• Ordering Kits On Your Own
• Walk in Lab – not available in MA, NY, NJ, RI and MD. You have to be 18 years of age or older.
• Stop The Thyroid Madness – Recommended Labs and Lab locations
• Doc J Leaky Gut Repair Protocol
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to be healthy for life? Click below to find out how!