Shoulder injuries are common and most of the time it’s related to our poor posture. Focusing on strengthening your back and posterior shoulder muscles while improving shoulder mobility goes a long way to prevent injuries and pain. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Dr. Robert Oh, MD, who specializes in family sports medicine, on preventing and managing shoulder pain. Dr. Oh recommends rowing machines, rowing exercises, lat pull downs and pull-ups in addition to stretching and release techniques to reduce tension in our chest, neck and shoulders. Listen in for more tips and techniques Dr. Oh recommends in this informative interview.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why your computer, phone & iPad are causing you pain
• How to stretch and release tension in your shoulder & neck
• Why strengthening your upper back prevents shoulder pain
• How to eat to prevent shoulder injuries & pain
Resources from the Show:
• Dr. Robert Oh, MD’s Blog & Nutrition Tips
• Mobility Help – Kelly Starrett – “Becoming a Supple Leopard” Book
• Kelly Starrett – Mobility Work Outs Of The Day
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
How well you move is related to how well you age and maintaining your strength for life. Want to learn how to stay on top of your mobility & prevent pain as you get older? Click Below Now!