50% of females will have a urinary tract infection in their lifetime. 6 out of 10 women have them chronically. You can treat urinary tract infections effectively without antibiotics. Uva ursi, d-mannose and Oregon grape root are just some of the go-to’s that Dr. Krause uses in her practice to help prevent and treat urinary tract infections. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down what to do if you think you have a urinary tract infection or if you suffer from chronic infections.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• What to do when you feel an infection coming on
• The connection between sugar, pH and the urinary tract infections
• What to do to prevent urinary tract infections
• Why drops in estrogen can cause urinary tract infections
Resources from the Show:
• Nature’s Article – Research & Data on the Urinary Tract Infections
• Acute Treatment
o D-mannose – 1,500 mg a day x 7 days (even if you start feeling better keep doing this)
o Uva Ursi – 3 capsules every 4 hours x 7 days
o Oregon Grape Root – 3 capsules every 4 hours x 7 days
• Chronic Treatment
o D-mannose – 1 tsp in 8 oz of water daily – & after sex ALWAYS
o Hydration – ½ your weight in ounces a day
o Cotton underwear – quit thongs!
o Uva Ursi – 3 capsules right after sex, bike rides, runs, hikes; while camping 3 capsules a day
o Uva Ursi Tea
o Keep the UTI’s Away Tea – Uva Ursi, Oregon Grape Root & D-Mannose – 1 tsp of each dried herb and powder – bring 1 cup of water to a boil and steep herbs x 15 minutes then add d-mannose (1,500 mg)
• You can make as many cups ahead of time as you like and drink them warm or cool.
• Up to 3 cups a day
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
How well you naturally fight infections is related to how well you age. Want to learn how to stay on top of your urinary tract infections as you get older? Click Below Now!