Many think of pets as a lot of work but the benefits to your overall health are incredible. Growing up in a home with dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and reptiles Doc J learned to love animals of all kinds. It wasn’t until Doc J went through some of the most stressful times in her life did she realize the true value of a pet. She found that taking care of a dog forced her to maintain a routine, organize her life, slowdown, laugh, play and move more. In this episode Doc J discusses how her dogs boost her mood, keep her stress in check by keeping her mind right and reminding her to play everyday.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why having a pet makes you happier
• How pets help you to set routines & organize
• How pets relieve stress
• Why mobility and weight improve with a pet
Resources From This Episode:
• Doc J’s Instagram
• Where we purchased Brian our pup – Denzilsgoldens.com
• Pets boost oxytocin & lower cortisol levels
• U of Minnesota 2016 study showed pets improve depression, anxiety and social isolation.
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Wondering if a pet is good for you? How well age is related to how well you manage stress, pain and inflammation and pets are great for helping with all of these complaints. Want to learn how to stay on top of health as you get older? Click Below Now!