Do you find yourself struggling to connect your brain and body to achieve optimal health? Disassociation is a primal survival response that humans experience secondary to trauma to prevent the sensation of pain. Disassociation is more common that you might think and sadly it’s directly connected to bonding with your parents or caregivers. Christine Forner (BA, BSW, MSW, Registered Social Worker) is a specialist in the field of Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Dissociation. She’s also the author and creator of a method of meditation called Creative Meditation for Dissociative Disorders and Medial Prefrontal Cortex Processing (MPFC processing). Christine has taught in Canada and internationally on the subject of Trauma and Disassociation. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast Christine and Dr. Jannine Krause discuss disassociation, it’s causes and what to do right now to begin your journey to reconnecting your mind and body.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What is traumatic disassociation and why it’s so common
- How unmet childhood needs translate into traumatic disassociation
- Why the need for bonding is more crucial than food in childhood
- Why being stuck in fight or flight mode makes it hard to become internally aware
- Why Autoimmune Disease is linked to chronic stress and an inflamed central nervous system
- How unavailable parents or caregivers lead to traumatic disassociation
Resources from the Show:
• Christine’s Forner’s Book
• International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation’s (ISSTD)
• The Body Keeps The Score Book
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to take your health to the next level?
Let’s chat and do a health and fitness assessment – click HERE to schedule a chat now!
Did you know I have a Face Book Group where I dive deeper into health, fitness, mindset & nutrition topics I talk about on The Health Fix?
Click HERE to join my Face Book Group now!