Are you noticing your period is changing? Or perhaps you’re not sleeping through the night? Maybe you’re getting rashes, anxiety, night sweats, hot flushes, libido is low & moods are all over the place? All of these symptoms are not normal and are indicators of hormonal imbalances that can be corrected before you head into menopause. The better balance you have going into menopause the more you can prevent any menopausal symptoms from occurring.
In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause dives into the supplements, herbs, vitamins & lifestyle factors that can eliminate peri and menopausal symptoms all together.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How learning to manage stress effectively keeps hormones in check
• Why it’s key to get your hormones balanced before menopause hits
• Why the traditional signs of peri-menopause and menopause are not normal
• How to use herbs, supplements, vitamins & lifestyle changes to ease into menopause without symptoms
Resources from the Show:
Note: These are mere suggestions and not mean to be a substitute for medical advise. Make sure to check with your doctor first to ensure herbs, supplements or amino acids are safe for you.
- Anxiety – ashwagandha, l-theanine, holy basil
- Insomnia – magnesium glycinate, holy basil, ashwagandha, glycine 4 grams a night (for athletes & those with non-sedentary jobs), passion flower, German chamomile (I mix a tea of the holy basil (Tulsi), Passion Flower & Chamomile – 1 tsp of loose leaf of each per cup of water (Mountain Rose Herbals is a great source); Relora – combo of philodendron & magnolia bark – to lower overnight cortisol
Hot Flashes, night sweats – bioidentical progesterone (creams or capsules – ask your compounding pharmacist), ashwagandha 400 mg dosage up to 2-3 doses a day
- Heavy Periods, cramps, PMS – vitamin B6 (50 mg), Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg, N-Acetyl Cysteine (especially if inflamed/bloated lower abdomen or PCOS), slowing blood flow: Slow Flow Vitanica or Shepherd’s Purse Tincture
- Low Libido – Damiana, Adaptocrine by Apex Energetics, Designs for Health – Libido Stim F
- Fatigue – Rhodiola (especially for after workouts), Rhemannia root – for very depleted fatigued ladies, Chinese Herbals: Ba Zhen Tang aka “8 Treasures” formula or Liu Wei Di Huang Wan
- Body pain, cold hands & feet, irritability – schisandra berry or dong quai
- Stress management – The End of Stress – Don Joseph Goewey – start with being aware of your stress triggers then take 2 breaks during the day at the very least of 2-5 minutes to slow down your brain – research has shown you sleep better and stress is in check better
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
Send us feedback via Email
Leave a comment below