One minute alcohol is great for your health the next it’s detrimental. Which is it? Confused about how much alcohol is safe and what it really does to your body? Loving your happy hour social time or your unwind time with your drink but not sure how your body is liking it? Noticing that you aren’t sleeping as well as you should and you’re tired all the time? If you are lacking energy and your metabolism is slowing down it’s time to re-think your alcohol consumption. Doc J breaks down what alcohol really does to the body and at what point does it become un-healthy for you.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why dehydration from one drink zaps your energy
• Why fat burning stops for 10 hours when you drink
• What key nutrients are depleted with drinking
• What to do to prevent fatigue, weight gain and not impact your workouts when you drink
Resources From This Episode:
• Twice Daily Multivitamin by Designs for Health – has B vitamins – especially folate and thiamin, Magnesium, & Zinc
• Buffered Magnesium Chelate – by Designs for Health – take up to 600 mg a day – 2 hours before bed
• Hydration – the average person needs half their body weight a day in ounces of water – ex: if you weigh 150 lbs you need 75 oz of water a day.
• Drink a glass of water 8-12 oz for every alcoholic drink
• Glutathione your body’s natural antioxidant can be supplemented – try Glutathione Synergy by Designs for Health daily
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Drinking alcohol without replacing nutrients causes us to age rapidly, zaps our energy and halts weight loss! Curious about other habits that accelerate your aging? Click Below Now!