Are you overwhelmed by the amount of how to get healthy information online? Are you confused as to who to follow, what diet is best and what healthy routines are worth the effort? You’re not alone. Have you tried to set healthy routines over and over again but can’t seem to make any of them stick? Chances are you are trying to incorporate too many habits at once. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down how to get healthy in 7 steps by using what she’s seen work best in her practice.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why water, sleep and routines are better than any healthy diet
• Why following a diet can be unhealthy
• Which blogs to follow to get all the health information you need
• Why getting healthy shouldn’t include trying to solve all your health problems at once
Resources from the Show:
• Doc J Krause’s – Get Healthy in 7 Steps
• I’ve included my favorite blogs to make things easier for you:
• Step 1 – drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water a day
• Step 2 – set a routine to sleep at least 6-8 hours a night – need inspiration? Check out – The Sleep Doctor, Sleep Junkies
• Step 3 – set routines for eating, de-stressing and winding down from the day – here’s my routine planner and guide
• Step 4 – stop following diets eat clean closest to nature foods and meal prep weekly to keep you on track – need inspiration?
• For Recipes: The Stone Soup, Everyday Maven, Skinny Taste, Sprouted Kitchen
• For Meal Prep: Meal Prep on Fleek, Family Fresh Meals, Dinners, Dishes and Desserts, Meal Prep Society, Meal Prepster
• For Food Delivery Services: Sun Basket, Green Chef
• Step 5 – work on simplifying your life and improving your mental health to reduce stress – follow the minimalists or a positivity blog. Keep in mind on of the biggest stressors is lack of self-love. Need Inspiration? Positivity Blog, The Minimalists
• Step 6 – move daily, channel your inner 5 year old and play vs thinking that you need to “exercise”. Dancing, kicking a ball around, crawling around with kiddos all count – just get off the couch and out of the desk chair more often. Need Inspiration? Fitness Blender, Fem Fusion Fitness
• Step 7 – once you’ve mastered steps 1 through 6 then you can work on a specific health concern. Focus on one thing at a time.
• For Gut Issues: Dr. Axe, Dr. Gundry, Dr. Amy Myers
• For Chronic Fatigue: Dr. Alan Christianson, Dr. Lam
• For Thyroid Issues: The Thyroid Pharmacist
• For Hormone Issues: Dr. Ana Cabeca, Dr. Sara Gottfried, Hormones Balance, Dr. Lara Briden
• For Cognitive Issues: Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Perlmutter
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to learn more about simplifying your health care routine? Click Below Now!