How much of life’s experiences do you miss out on when your hearing is not optimal? What if your brain function could be enhanced by improving your hearing? Could better hearing help you liver a longer happier life? What impact is decreased hearing having on your social life and feeling connected to your community? Jenna Johnson is a hearing instrument specialist from Kalispell, MT who works for HearUSA. HearUSA has multiple offices across the United States and in Canada that are all connected. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Jenna Johnson on the impact of decreased hearing on your mental and emotional health as well as your brain health and cognition.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- How decreased hearing disconnects you from the world
- The importance of an annual hearing exam at any age
- Why keeping the brain stimulated with optimal hearing improves memory and cognition
- Most people wait 7 years to seek help for hearing – what’s degrading in that time?
- How auditory deprivation can show up without hearing damage yet a hearing instrument can correct your deficits
- How impaired hearing can impact your balance and stability
- How hearing loss disconnects you from your social, mental and emotional experience of the world
- Why training your brain to pick up the lyrics in a song you can stimulate your brain hearing centers
- How word recognization testing can assess one’s health of their auditory brain centers
Resources from the Show: