Have you ever wondered about how the tea you’re buying is grown or processed? Curious about making your own tea? Getting into how tea could help you relax, calm anxiety, help with energy or moods? Jenny Tse is the founder and owner of Sipping Streams Tea Company and experimental Alaskan tea farm that uses geothermal heat. Sipping Streams has won numerous international awards for her teas. Sipping Streams also has been featured in American Lifestyle Magazine, NPR, and PBS. Jenny is the best selling author of The Essence of Tea and the host of The Essence of Tea podcast. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Jenny Tse on the art of making quality tea.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How tea leaves are grown and harvested in a geothermal greenhouse in Fairbanks, AK
- Why higher end teas are hand rolled and processed
- How to identify high quality and potency tea
- The difference between white, green, oolong, pur-eh and black tea
- Why chamomile or any herb not from the Camellia sinensis plant is a tisane vs a tea
Resources From The Show: