Did you know that 1 in 4 people who diet will go on to develop disordered eating tendencies or a clinical eating disorder? Are you passing off your binge eating, over eating, stress eating, chronic dieting or food restricting as no big deal? Did you know that if you have anxiety or depression you’re 50% more likely to develop an eating disorder? Because of the stigma surrounding eating disorders many never seek help for their unhealthy relationships with food. If you have an unhealthy relationship with food, are losing control of your eating or if you’re wondering if someone close to you is struggling with a eating disorder this is a must listen episode. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause sheds light on the stigmas surrounding eating disorders and how to identify them as she interviews Stacy Shilter-Pisano an eating disorder specialist and the site director at the Emily Program in Lacey, Washington.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why fad diets are linked to eating disorders
• Why will power isn’t something you strengthen
• How to identify if you or a loved one has an eating disorder.
• Why your own stigma about eating disorders is holding you back from repairing your relationship with food
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Having a healthy relationship with food can keep you at a healthy weight for life. Want to learn how to be as healthy as you can be as you get older? Click Below Now!