Lacking certain good gut bugs can cause us to be anxious, depressed, irritated and even more stressed. The benefits of taking probiotics for gut function has been well established however, recent research is now showing that our good gut bugs can also regulate our moods and responses to situations. Certain probiotic strains have been found to regulate cortisol, dopamine, and serotonin production. In this episode Doc J breaks what probiotics to look for, how to take them and maintain them to be in a good mood every day!
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• The science behind how psychobiotics improve mood
• The top psychobiotic products on the market
• How to feed your psychobiotics
• What you need to know to maintain your psychobiotics
Resources From This Episode:
• Doc J Krause’s – Top Psychobiotics Resource Page
• Dr. Mercola – Are Probiotics The New Prozac?
• Time Magazine – Can Probiotics Improve Your Mood?
• Huffington Post – Probiotics May One Day Be Used To Treat Depression
• University Health News Article on Psychobiotics
• Ann Gastroenterol. 2015 Apr-Jun; 28(2): 203–209. The gut-brain axis: interactions between enteric microbiota, central and enteric nervous systems
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Want to live a long healthy life? Click below to find out how!