Curious about getting back into a sport or have athletic goals you’d like to train for? Perhaps you’re a former athlete wondering what a comeback might look like? Either way Laura Wilkinson has an amazing story from being kicked off her high school diving team to winning multiple medals and being a 3 time platform diving Olympian. Laura has come back from multiple injuries, a 9 year retirement and even neck surgery! She’s now coaching athletes of all ages to reach their fitness and life goals. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Laura Wilkinson on how she’s coaching clients with the wisdom she gleaned from training to reach her athletic and life goals.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How training for an athletic goal mirrors the steps to achieve anything in life
- Why child athletes and masters athletes struggle with the same things mentally
- The benefits of facing your fears and adrenaline in sports at any age
- Why facing your fears one at a time will help you progress in anything at any age
- How returning to sports or becoming active can help you and your family stay healthy for life
Resources From The Show: