How many times have you dreamed about taking a vacation but never took it? Do you find yourself with excuses to not take a vacation? Are you risking you health for your employer by not taking a vacation? If you answered yes to any of those questions it’s time to plan that vacation and actually take it. Vacations are critical for resetting your mind, boosting your mood and reframing your perspective on life. Vacations are a time to slow down and reset your parasympathetic nervous system so you can return to work rested, focused and in a better mood. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause discusses why Americans are the sickest stressed out population in the world and why we need to take vacations to reset and reframe our lives.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why women are 50% more likely to have heart attacks without vacations
- Why being a work martyr doesn’t get you promotions
- Why vacations should be at least 8 days
- How $255 Billion is lost from our economy when vacations are forfeited
- Project Time Off
- De-stressing Vacation Ideas
- Packing light tips
- Traveling light for ladies
- Tips for Packing for Camping
- Kaslo, British Columbia
- TSA PreCheck and Global Entry
- Bring Fido App – Pet Friendly Hotels, Restaurants, Parks and More – my go to when on the go!
Resources from the Show:
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Send us feedback via Email
- Leave a comment below
How well you age is related to how well you manage your stress. Want to learn how to stay on top of stress as you get older? Click Below Now!