Stress is often overlooked as doctors pick apart and investigate the symptoms that a patient has not the cause. How often do we really assess what we are eating and the lives that we are living in relation to creating our own stress? We can all relate to the symptoms of being stuck in stressed fight or flight mode all the time & we’ve heard how they can make you an anxious, depressed, fat, moody, gassy, acid reflux havin’, pain riddled, fatigued insomniac but what we don’t talk about is how as stress mounts it kills your cells slowly. In this episode Doc J dissects how the phytonutrients in everyday herbs & spices can help your cells to manage stress better.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why our love of nutrient void foods is killing us
• What spices you need in your life to manage stress
• How Echinacea and cannabis work together to fight stress
• How to get in key herbs daily to help your cells manage stress
Resources From This Episode:
1) Gut dysbiosis and skin dysbiosis set you up for stress induced autoimmune disease – gotta work on the tissue issues – best way is to affect circulation to get blood in and out of affected areas so can get nutrients and detox.
Echinacea, fiber – at least 35 grams a day, oregano, anise essential oil, green tea, rosemary, curcumin/tumeric, grapefruit seed extract
Diet is key
2) Kill off any persistent illnesses – Viruses? Parasites? Bacteria? Fungi/Molds? Worms? – Myrrh, Viranon, Tumeric, Echinacea, Artemisin
3) Protect & Revitalize your cells – phytonutrients/gotu kola/ginko for increased circulation and for energizing – omegas, hawthorne/ginko/resveratrol/whey
4) Detoxify – garlic, milk thistle, artichoke; NRF2 activators to reduce inflammation – turmeric, rosemary, green tea, grape seed, garlic, ginko, resveratrol
5) Enhance sleep – chamomile, passion flower, jujube, California poppy, chaste tree, st john’s wort, licorice, rehmannia, schisandra, rhodiola, ashwagandha
6) Improve circulation – green tea, curcumin, garlic, gotu kola, bilberry, ginko, ginger
7) Optimize digestion – betters, ginger, globe artichoke, milk thistle, beet root, licorice, golden seal
8) Optimize immune system function – Siberian ginseng, astragalus, Echinacea, artemesia
9) Enhance and support the tissues – especially the gut lining barrier: bitters, ginger, licorice, chamomile, curcumin, collagen, l-glutamine
Enjoying Dr. Jannine Krause’s suggestions? Check out more HERE.
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Aging too fast? What you eat predicts how well you age. Want to learn more ways to keep your stress response in check as you get older? Click Below Now!