Do you have stiff joints, decreased balance & mobility or increased aches and pains? When’s the last time you checked your mobility and balance skills? Did you know that your ability to balance is one of the predictors of longevity? Did you know your ability to move your joints well prevents injuries? As a kid your play incorporates trials that challenge mobility, while promoting balance and sensory exploration. As you age you stop playing and with that you lose your balance and mobility skills. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down why it’s important to incorporate mobility and balance training into your weekly exercise routine.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How rocks and logs are great tools for balance training
• Why you need to train your sensory & mechanoreceptor nerves
• How you lose balance and mobility skills as you age
• Why balance and mobility training decreases pain, prevents injury and improves strength
Resources from the Show:
• 15 Best Bosu Ball Exercises And Benefits To Improve Balance And Core Strength
• 40 Bosu Ball Circuit Training Exercises
• Great CARs mobility routine
• Dr. Andreo Spina – creator of Kinstretch
• Proprioception: where are we now? A commentary on clinical assessment, changes across the life course, functional implications and future interventions
• Better Balance Routine – Caroline Jordan
• Nerves of the Leg and Foot
• Dr. Axe’s Propriceptive Training Routine
• Dr. Krause’s Sensory Training Recommendations – spend 5 minutes each day playing – balance on one leg on a parking block, play with a bosu ball, use a log as a balance beam, take your shoes off and walk on rocks – have fun!
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
If you maintain your balance and mobility as you age you’ll prevent injuries, falls and minimize or eliminate pain. Want to learn how to be as healthy as you can be as you get older? Click Below Now!