Did you know that hydrotherapy has multiple effects on your body? Research has shown that balneotherapy, bathing in mineral springs, has been known to aid in stress management, circulation and metabolism boosting. Hot springs are loaded with minerals, such as sulfur, that have been found to relieve joint pain, resolve psoriasis, mimic the effects of exercise and kill fungal skin infections. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause breaks down the benefits of balneotherapy and why it’s worth checking out a hot springs near you.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why hot springs are amazing for your health
• Why sulfur hot springs are great for your skin
• How bathing in a hot springs mimics exercise
• How sulfur can treat psoriasis and fungal infections
Resources from the Show:
• List of the World’s Hot Springs – **note it’s a Wikipedia list so there may be some errors but it is the most comprehensive list I could find and a good starting place
• Balneotherapy, Immune System, and Stress Response: A Hormetic Strategy?
• Innate/inflammatory bioregulation and clinical effectiveness of whole-body hyperthermia (balneotherapy) in elderly patients with osteoarthritis
• Bath thermal waters in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled clinical trial.
• The Thermal Effects of Water Immersion on Health Outcomes: An Integrative Review
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
If you enjoyed this podcast and know someone that would benefit from this information please share this podcast with them!
Want to learn more about how to optimize your health? Click Below Now!