Are you moody, struggling staying asleep throughout the night and finding it hard to keep weight off? Hula hoops aren’t just for kids as they can help you to maintain your balance, vital core muscle strength, help improve bladder health and balance hormones. Whether you remember hula hoops fondly or you were never able to master them it’s time to try them again. In this episode Dr. Jannine Krause talks about hormones and hula hoops with former rhythmic gymnast and fitness trainer Leigh Little from Canyon Hoops.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why hula hooping is great for belly fat reduction
• How hula hooping reduces back pain and improves balance
• How hula hooping helps to balance hormones
• Why exercises like hula hooping are great for all ages
Resources from the Show:
• Canyon Hoops – 20% off with the code “thehealthfixpodcast”
• Canyon Hoops Resources
• Perimenopausal Hormone Balance Tips
o 2 tbsp of ground flax, chia or pumpkin seeds from the start of your period till day 14 then day 15 to the start of your period 2 tbsp of tahini, sesame seeds or ground sunflower seeds
o consider adding in the herbs below if symptoms are severe
• Menopausal Hormone Balance Tips
o The same seed rotation as above but starting the 1st day of the month ex: October 1st to October 14th start with ground flax, chia or pumpkin seeds then the 2nd half of each month from the 15th – 28th, 30th or 31st depending on the month incorporate tahini, sesame seeds or ground sunflower seeds.
o Add Fish Oil and Black Cohosh daily for estrogen as well as Chaste Berry or Evening Primrose daily for progesterone support.
• Gut Lining Repair and Balancing –
o Megaspore Probiotic – 2 nightly
o Mega Mucosa – 1 scoop in 16 oz of water nightly
o After one month of the two above add in Mega Prebiotic to feed the good bugs that you have established.
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
The more balanced your hormones are the better you’ll feel. Want to learn how to be as healthy as you can be as you get older? Click Below Now!