Do you have a sugar addiction on top of chronic pain, reduced mobility, cellulite, dull skin, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, dry or saggy, loose skin? Or do you have diabetes, are pre-diabetic or have hardening of your arteries aka atherosclerosis? The health of your tissues is directly related to adequate blood flow, ability to detoxify the tissues, proper movement of signaling molecules and absorption of quality vitamins, minerals, proteins and electrolytes from your diet. Your skin, muscles, fat, fascia, organs, and even blood are all considered tissues in the medical world. If these tissues have issues your health will slowly decline. In order to feel good we must be able to move and detoxify our tissues properly, especially our skin as it is our largest organ. In this second episode on fascial tissue Doc J discusses the connection between healthy tissue and diet.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why sugar slowly kills your tissues
• Why it’s crucial to eat your veggies for skin health
• How grilled meat and high heat cooking damages your skin
• What to do right now to nourish your tissues
Resources From This Episode:
• Fascia In Sport and Movement by Robert Schleip
• Limit processed carbs – anything in a bag or box made in a factory, sugary snacks, soda, excessive fruit, fruit juice – for ideal tissues keep carb grams around 100 grams a day if you are sedentary and up to 150-175 grams a day based on your activity level. Choose carbs like whole grains or legumes (sprouted or pressure cooked to not irritate the gut), squashes, and root veggies as well as berries to satisfy your carb cravings.
• Cook your meats in crock pots using a low setting for 6-8 hours – limit your consumption of grilled meats, burnt ends of meats and extremely browned high heat cooked meats.
• Shoot for eating 6-8 cups of veggies – dark leafies, cabbage family, cucumber, celery, lettuces a day to boost fiber and antioxidants to help with overall skin detoxification on a daily basis.
• Aim for no more than 2 cups or 2 servings of fruit a day – berries are best, have high antioxidant load and less sugar impact on the body
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Struggling to move better as you get older? How well you move is related to how well you age. Want to learn how to keep your stress response in check as you get older? Click Below Now!