Are you avoiding sugar but drinking diet soda and making low carb sweet treats with sugar substitutes? Depending on your use of artificial sweeteners you might be doing more harm that good in your quest to avoid sugar or stick with your low carb diet. Research has shown that consumption of artificial sweeteners, including some processed forms of stevia can irritate your gut lining and kill your good gut bacteria. In this episode Doc J discusses what’s in these artificial sweeteners that are irritating your gut, killing your good bacteria and causing leaky gut symptoms.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How artificial sweeteners damage your digestive lining
• How artificial sweeteners can raise your blood sugar
• Why artificial sweeteners are so addicting
• Why artificial sweeteners keep you fat
• The missing links to your gut issues could stem from artificial sweeteners
Resources From This Episode:
• Dr. Osborne’s Artificial Sweeteners Toxic Effects Blog Post
• Splenda Alters Gut Microflora
• Gut Bug Alteration by Artificial Sweeteners
• The Scoop on Stevia
• Could your protein powder be making you fat?
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
• Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
• Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
• Send us feedback via Email
• Leave a comment below
Don’t let anything get in the way of your healthy longevity! Click below to find out more tips!